Saturday, April 2, 2016

Location

Scouting for the perfect location.

When I first imagined the setting for my opening scene, I envisioned white walls, bright white lights, and a clean, modern look. So, I spent time thinking of white walled places or rooms where I could easily go to fill up with props and actors. 


- I asked for permission to film at my photographer friend's studio apartment in Miami, however, when I got into contact with him he told me he had sold it and no longer owns it.  So, there went that idea...

-Then, I called my old dance studio nearby and explained my project and asked if I could film in one of their rooms. They told me they have classes all day and there's only one interval that's an hour long between two classes. But, I knew I wouldn't be able to get all of my set up and filming done within just an hour, so I canceled out that option, too.
-Plan C: This dressing and bathroom area is in part of a bedroom and all of the walls and doors are painted white. I decided that I could manipulate the space with props and people to make it look bigger and like a legitimate backstage scene. 
Here are some images of what it looks like naturally:





But when I brought up the idea to my peers, they kept telling me they thought of a darker room, with black walls and  curtains. 
Then, one day when I was walking to my art class in school, I passed by the backstage hallway entrance of the auditorium. The scene grabbed my attention through the tiny window and I opened the door to go look around. I thought the set up was pretty neat through out; the walls were a dirty white color with black details and low lighting from the ceiling giving off that backstage vibe. 
So, when I got back home I compared the bathroom setting to the one at school and decided that the actual auditorium setting would be best to film in. 
I'm going to begin filming next week but first I need to ask permission from the drama teacher to see what day/time I can  do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment