Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Murder she wrote...

HOW TO QUICKLY AND EASILY MAKE FAKE BLOOD
-ketchup
-water
-maple syrup
-mixing cup to stir together
*Add red food coloring if not red/bloody enough

HOW TO MAKE SOMEONE LOOK BEAT UP/HAVE A BLACK EYE
-black eyeshadow
-purple eyeshadow
-red eyeshadow
-small brushes


The ingredients and tools listed above are simple but essential mise en scene techniques I used in order to bring my film to life (irony). Although these steps all seem relatively easy, I was actually incredibly nervous because I am no make up or special affects artist! So, I really wanted the application of the supplies to produce something thrilling and terryifying.
I applied and layered the eyeshadow colors boldly around Vivi's entire right eye. Then, I used the eyeshadow colors to create a large outline of a circle on her forehead. Afterwards, I dripped the blood mixture inside the space making the injury appear as a huge bloody gash in the middle of her head.
I thought it came out pretty well after following some of the instructions from research and by just experimenting and having fun.


Works cited


 Priddy, Brenda. "How to Make Fake Blood with Ketchup? | EHow UK." EHow UK. Web. 05 Apr. 2016. <http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_8264824_make-fake-blood-ketchup.html>. 

EHow Arts & Entertainment Editor. "How to Make Someone Look Beat Up." EHow. Demand Media. Web. Apr. 2016. <http://www.ehow.com/how_2270864_make-someone-look-beat-up.html>.

"How to Make a Black Eye with Makeup." : 7 Steps. Web. Apr. 2016. <http://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Black-Eye-with-Makeup>.

No comments:

Post a Comment